Saturday, December 10, 2011

Perspective





Things on the ground have a tendency to look large and overwhelming.  For a while now I have been feeling overwhelmed with the constraints and challenges of just being me.  I'm not saying that I'm super special or anything, but I am very empathetic to the world around me; the heart that mourns earth.  SO last night in the middle of the night I drove up to the to of Angeles National Park.  Under the full moon, I turned up some beats from my favorite Chicago DJ, DJ Lego and danced on top of the mountain.  Above me was a big moon with an even bigger halo around it giving off enough light to see the mountain range in front of me.  I let me spirit free and let the moment take me, what a release.  I then made my way to the very top of the mountain, 7000ft.  From there I saw the world in a way that I seldom see it, small.  All the obstacles of the world were so very small and insignificant.  I was above them, larger than them, stronger than them.  Underneath the full moon on top of the world, I was alive and inspired to make this awe inspired moment last.  Not just last but to bring it to the world at large.
In the silence of the night and above the glow of the city, i realized how far I had com in my short years, and how seldomly I appreciate where I stand; in this case on top of the world.  I have come from the humblest of beginnings where shoes were not always available to wear, and from times where hunger was all there was to eat.  I have been walking through fire barefoot my whole life, and still here I am alive and well.  I'm kicking ass and I want to keep doing it.  Look at me now I live in a Penthouse, not even in my wildest dreams did i ever think that would be the case.  Today is a brighter day, and tomorrow is still waiting for me to make it happen.





1 comment:

  1. I could tell the very first time that I ever watched you in a scene that you feel things a lot deeper than most people in the world do. I think that may well be what drew me to you in the first place. I do that as well. I'm always so concerned and worried about everyone else around me, including complete and total strangers, that I'm always putting myself last.

    I'm so glad you got to drive up to the top of the mountain and look down upon the earth below you. I think that helps to put things into perspective. We are all so small compared to the world around us. My Ex used to tell me all the time to stop and take a moment to revel in the fact that I'm alive and well for our time on this earth has already begun to tick away.

    ReplyDelete